- Accepting applications through August 14, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET
- Review the 2018 Site Reference Guide (PDF - 688 KB) carefully to ensure your site meets all the requirements and to gather the required documentation.
- New this year – outpatient substance use disorder (SUD) treatment facilities are also now eligible to apply if your site provides any of these services: General Substance Use Disorder Treatment (SUD), Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) or Opioid Treatment Program (OTP). See the 2018 Site Reference Guide (PDF - 688 KB) for specific details.
- NHSC Behavioral Health Program Notification & Comprehensive Behavioral Health Services Checklist (PDF - 179 KB) - outlines the updated requirements for behavioral health providers and sites, which impact all current and prospective NHSC sites that provide behavioral health services.
NHSC-approved sites are outpatient facilities providing primary care medical, dental, and/or mental and behavioral health services. These facilities may be:
- Community Health Center
- Migrant Health
- Homeless Program
- Public Housing Program
- School-Based Program
- Mobile Clinic
- Federal Indian Health Service facilities
- Tribal/638 Health Facility
- Dual-Funded (Tribal Health Clinic and FQHC 330 Funded)
- Urban Indian Health Program
- Indian and Tribal Hospitals
- Federal Prison (automatically approved)
- State Prison
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Health Service Corps
- Rural Health Clinic Quick Guide (PDF - 70 KB)
- Solo Practice
- Group Practice
Critical Access Hospitals
Community Mental Health Centers
State or Local Health Departments
Community Outpatient Facilities (hospital- and non-hospital affiliated)
FQHC Look-Alikes (automatically approved)
The following site types are not eligible to apply:
- Inpatient Hospitals (including Veteran’s Administration Hospitals, with the exception of Medicare-approved Critical Access Hospitals);
- Other Inpatient Facilities;
- Residential Facilities;
- County/Local prisons.