Students to Service Program
- Accepting applications through October 19, 7:30 p.m. ET
- 2018 Application and Program Guidance (PDF - 488 KB) has the detailed information you need to apply. Please read carefully before you start your application.
Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in this file. For assistance, please call our Customer Care Center at 1-800-221-9393.
- Watch this video to learn factors used to determine NHSC awards
Are you a medical or dental student in your final year of school?
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Students to Service Loan Repayment Program (S2S LRP) provides up to $120,000 to medical (MD and DO) or dental (DDS or DMD) students in their final year of school in return for a commitment to provide primary health care full time for at least 3 years at an approved NHSC site in a Health Professional Shortage Area of greatest need.
- Read the 2018 S2S LRP Application and Program Guidance (PDF - 491 KB). It details the program eligibility requirements and selection criteria, as well as the rights and responsibilities of individuals selected to participate in the NHSC Students to Service Loan Repayment Program.
- Watch this S2S Recorded Webinar, which reviews the application process, eligibility requirements, and service commitment
- Create a Federal Student Aid ID before beginning the application process to electronically import your Federal loan information for your application.
- Gather documentation you will need to submit with your application. You will need loan information verification, school transcript, verification of good standing, proof of passing Step/Level 1 of USMLE/COMLEX or documentation verifying that you have passed Part I of the National board Dental Examination, as well as letters of recommendation and a CV or resume.
- Visit the Health Workforce Connector to find out the kinds of sites where S2S LRP participants serve after completing their residencies.
- Join our S2S LRP Application and Program Guidance technical assistance events: Webinar on September 7 from 7-8 PM ET or Application Q & A Session #1 on September 28 from 7-9 PM ET.
Access Link |Dial-in: 1-888-787-0203 | Passcode: 3261051.
- Go to the application
Join our S2S LRP Application and Program Guidance technical assistance events:
Q & A Session #1 (Online & By Phone)
Thursday, Sept. 28, 7-9 PM ET
Phone: 1-888-787-0203 Passcode: 3261051
Q & A Session #2 (Online Only)
Tuesday, Oct. 10
9:00 AM–6:00 PM ET
Application Bulletin (PDF - 133 KB) describes HRSA scholarship and loan repayment programs, including who is eligible to apply and when the application opens
NHSC Posters Now Available: Download our new poster about NHSC programs available to students and clinicians - then display and circulate to get the word out!