For New Members
After completing your training and receiving your medical degree, you will join a network of health care providers dedicated to building healthier communities in areas with limited access to care.
Make a smooth transition into the Students to Service Loan Repayment Program (S2S LRP) by taking the following steps:
- Review the NHSC Welcome Kit. You will receive a Welcome Kit on the Customer Service Portal including important documents and your S2S Contract. We assign you an NHSC service team specialist based on the state your school is in.
- Save a copy of your FY 2018 S2S LRP Application and Program Guidance. It contains information about the award, contract process, requirements while in school and in postgraduate training, and your service commitment. Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in this file. For assistance, please call our Customer Care Center at 1-800-221-9393.
We plan to issue the first installment of loan repayment electronically to S2S LRP participants, on or about, August 1, 2018.
If you are an allopathic physician or doctor of osteopathic medicine, you need to submit your postgraduate training requests by May 1, 2018 to receive the first instilment.
We do not require dental participants to participate in a postgraduate training.
We expect to distribute annual installments, on or about August 1, of each year.
- Watch the FY 2017 Students to Service Loan Repayment Program Welcome Webinar. We make it available as soon as we make all award notifications. You can also download this information.
- Activate your Customer Service Portal account. Once activated, you may review your personal information for accuracy. Follow instructions for activating your account.
- Review your NHSC S2S LRP contract posted in the Customer Service Portal.
- Submit the following required documents by May 1, 2018 through the Customer Service Portal:
- A postgraduate training request (Review the Postgraduate Training Bulletin first.)
- Proof of graduation from your medical school (dated no earlier than April 15, 2018)
- Proof that you passed Step 2/Level 2 of the Licensing Examination
- Letter of Acceptance to a NHSC-approved Primary Care postgraduate training program (The letter must include the date on which the residency will begin and be on official letterhead, signed by the residency program director.)
Notify NHSC S2S through the Customer Service Portal if your first loan repayment has not been received by August 15, 2018. We will issue payments on, or around, August 1, 2018.
Still Have Questions?
We also encourage you to learn more about the support resources available online, in your community, and at the national level.