Pay off your student loans while serving communities in need.
The 2013 NHSC Loan Repayment Program (LRP) application cycle is now closed. The program offers primary care medical, dental, and mental and behavioral health providers the opportunity to have their student loans repaid while serving in communities with limited access to care.
- NHSC Loan Repayment Program is open to licensed primary care medical, dental, and mental and behavioral health providers who are employed or seeking employment at approved sites.
- Students to Service Loan Repayment Program is open to allopathic and osteopathic medical students in their fourth year at an accredited medical school.
- State Loan Repayment Program is open to primary care providers deemed eligible in participating States. Providers apply to the individual State program, not to the NHSC.
You Are a Dedicated Primary Care Provider
- Licensed to practice in the state in which you will serve your commitment in an NHSC-eligible discipline
- Looking for a fulfilling experience providing care in communities with a shortage of health professionals
- With qualifying educational loans
You Serve a Community in Need
- Find a job at an NHSC-approved site
- Apply to the NHSC Loan Repayment Program
- Work at least two years at your site – with the option to continue your service and receive additional loan repayment
You Receive Financial, Professional, and Personal Benefits
- Pay off all of your student loans with continued service
- Access educational, training, and networking opportunities
- Join a community of providers with a shared desire to serve patients with limited access to health care
- Primary Care Physician (MD or DO)
- Dentist (DDS or DMD)
- Primary Care Certified Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM)
- Primary Care Physician Assistant (PA)
- Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH)
- Health Service Psychologist (HSP)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialist (PNS)
- Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Application and Program Guidance (PDF - 370 KB) ›
Loan Repayment Program At-A-Glance fact sheet (PDF - 891 KB) ›
Loan Repayment Program Flyer (PDF - 599 KB) ›
BCRS Loan Repayment Programs for Nurses (PDF - 420 KB) ›
Find Jobs at NHSC Sites
Search for primary care job openings and information on NHSC sites. The NHSC Jobs Center currently uses HPSA data as of January 1, 2013, which are the official data for NHSC programs.